We all want to have a great 2021. A new year is a great time. Of course, you can experience a reset at any point and for any reason, but we all share in the experience of a new year. Christ allows us the opportunity for reconciliation. He gives us the open door for reconciliation with God. His forgiveness also offers us the opportunity for reconciliation with others.
Forgiving others is straight forward. It’s not one of those things you have to pray about or seek God’s guidance on like you would a career choice or a larger purchasing decision.
“And be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving one another, just as God also forgave you in Christ.”
Ephesians 4:32 HCSB
God tells us to forgive one another!
Let’s take this time to make sure we haven’t held on to any grudges or any un-forgiveness.
“So it is a sin for the person who knows to do what is good and doesn’t do it.”
James 4:17 HCSB
If we know there is something we should do that we haven’t, make plans to do it. Should we join a church? Should we go on a mission trip? Should we invite someone to church with us? Should we read our Bible more? Should we pray more? Should we read a book about not being angry? Should we start a devotional? Should we tell someone about Jesus Christ and how He died for them and rose again? What can we do in our lives to brighten our light, add saltiness to our salt, or spread more seed for God’s Kingdom?
As we look at 2021, let’s do it right.
“Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men,”
Colossians 3:23 HCSB
If there is something we looked to do last year or the year before that we’ve not accomplished yet, keep doing good, keep enduring, keep making good (GOD) choices. Make decisions that make God smile.
Have we looked to lose weight in the past and failed to meet our goal or did it and then gained it back? Have we looked to be debt-free only to have gained some debt recently or just haven’t made much of a dent in our debt? Were we hoping for a promotion and it hasn’t happened yet? Did we plan to go on a mission trip or start a ministry and didn’t make it happen…YET?
Keep up the good work. Fight the good fight. Good (GOD) decisions over time will net great results. Your life will go from stagnant to flourishing.
Use failure to learn and try again a different way!
“But endurance must do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing.”
James 1:4 HCSB
Here are some good resources for encouragement and some ideas for you to use that I enjoy.
Craig Groeschel Leadership Podcast
What I like about it: I enjoy his consistent advice to be authentic and his practical applicable information. He keeps it short and sweet!
The Dave Ramsey Show
What I like about it: It’s fun to hear other people’s financial questions and scenarios and hear Dave’s and his companion’s advice on what they would do. It’s encouraging and consistent.)
Dream Big Podcast with Bob Goff and Friends
What I like about it: It’s interesting and fun. He does a great job of opening your mind to possibilities. He helps you see more potential in yourself. He’s simple and fun. Very encouraging.
Real Men Connect with Dr. Joe Martin
What I like about it: I’m a new listener to this podcast. I have enjoyed the biblical perspective and encouragement to be a better Man and follower of Christ! It’s usually short and sweet.
Other podcasts I enjoy include:
- EntreLeadership (Leadership and business)
- BiggerPockets Daily (Real Estate Investing)
- Unashamed with Phil & Jase Robertson (Conversations around Christ and the Bible)
- Ramsey Call of the Day (One call from any of Ramsey’s shows/podcasts)
- Secret Church (Great Biblical Teaching)
- Bible Project Podcast (Great Biblical Teaching and Knowledge)
- Made for This (Great interviews)
- Just a Thought RZIM (Great QUICK Biblical perspective and nugget to chew on)
- The Ken Coleman Show (A Ramsey personality that looks at Careers and finding your sweet spot)
- The Andy Stanley Leadership Podcast (Good Biblical leadership perspective)
A few great book suggestions (Books I’ve read and hope to read soon)
- Built to Last by Jim Collins
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni
- The Power of Moments by Chip and Dan Heath
- What Customers Crave by Nicholas J. Webb
- Build and A-Team by Whitney Johnson
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
- EntreLeadership by Dave Ramsey
- First, Break All the Rules By Marcus Buckingham, Gallup Organization
- Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek*
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John C. Maxwell
- Thou Shall Prosper by Rabbi Daniel Lapin
- Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson, M.D.
- Building Trust by Hyler Bracey, PH.D.
- Speed of Trust by Stephen M. R. Covey
- The Trust Edge by David Horsager
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- Just As I am by Billy Graham*
- The Sermon on the Mount and Human Flourishing by Jonathan T. Pennigton*
- Next Door Savior by Max Lucado*
- Work Matters Lessons from Scripture by R. Paul Stevens*
- God Less America by Todd Starnes*
- The Ideal Team Player by Patrick Lencioni*
- Building a Story Brand by Donald Miller*
- The Master Plan of Evangelism and Discipleship by Robert E. Coleman*
- Created for Connection by Dr. Sue Johnson with Kenneth Sanderfer*
- Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know by Meg Meeker, M.D.
- The Road Back To You by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile*
- Raising a Modern-Day Knight by Robert Lewis*
* This is my list for 2021. Some I’ve started and need to finish!
The Bible goes without saying. I will be reading God’s Word in 2021. I don’t think I’ll look to read through it in one year but I do plan to start and read through and mark up 3 Bibles for my children starting this year and ending in 2022 sometime.
Hopefully, you will use Zig Zigglers wheel of life categories as Dave Ramsey and his organization writes about here:
What Are the Wheel of Life Categories?
- Career: Advancing your career or business objectives
- Financial: Taking control of or improving your finances
- Spiritual: Growing your spirituality
- Physical: Improving your health and well-being
- Intellectual: Developing your mind
- Family: Strengthening your family
- Social: Nurturing personal and professional relationships
From his website, blog, and video here: https://www.entreleadership.com/blog/wheel-of-life
Lastly, I’ll mention a few places to give in 2021.
2nd Milk provides critical nutritional assistance through baby formula and nutritional education for acute malnourished babies that are facing immediate starvation and death.
This is the International Mission Board for the Southern Baptist Church
This is a large orphanage.
This is a home for boys and girls who need care.
This is a global evangelistic Church planting organization
This is Assemblies of God Ministries and Missionaries
If you have any questions about specific sponsorships for Crossover Global, AG, IMB, or others, please let us know.
Live 2021 as unto the Lord per Colossians 3:23, “Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men,”
As the song “I’m Trusting You” says, “I wanna live each day like anything can happen, Can’t hardly wait to see what’s next, I wanna face this world with wonder and excitement, Face every challenge, every test”
Intend to Live